VISUAL, TECHNICAL AND TEAM MANAGEMENT IN DIGITAL/WEB
Global ° Remote at Culturs Lifestyle Network
DIRECTOR OF DIGITAL
Are you passionate about cross-cultural spaces? Are you familiar with Third Culture Kids? Do you have experience with content curation and visual storytelling? Does building community and providing a space for them to feel at home float your boat? Does creating digital content, networking and attending some of the world’s biggest networking events (film festivals, music festivals, award shows, etc.) fall within your unique zone of genius? Are you adept at creating and following content calendars? Love managing content workflow to ensure publishing on time for a specific audience? Love creating a content plan to manage writers, produce visuals to uplift community get you all a-twitter? Then you’re in luck!
We’re looking for a talented Director of Digital to join our data-driven outcomes-focused team. Culturs has helped hundreds of thousands of cross-cultural in-betweeners feel like they belong, and this role will help us continue to broaden impact and reach while building a community that makes us all thrive.
Main responsibilities include project managing workflow for all web and digital management including visuals. This position works closely with our editorial team on planning, building, testing, and executing logistics, strategy and outcomes through visual content creation. It works closely with our design team with visuals and digital assets and coordination. This includes working in tandem with our digital content (podcast, XOTV) and community building on social (website, social media, email). Answer and/or delegate web customer queries as needed.
You’ll also track and analyze your activity, audience growth, social and web campaigns and traffic built into published content and online store offerings. Each week you will meet with the team and provide brief reports to evaluate the efficacy of our content, PR and marketing activities. The ideal person for this role has a mix of staff supervision, SEO, graphic design, photography, videography, product management experience and creative skills backed by solid planning and execution.
- This role reports to: Director of Operations
- Organizational overview: CLICK HERE
- COMPENSATION: $40,000 – 56,000 DOE full time, pro-rated if part time
- Potential revenue shareunlimited time offflexibility
- work from anywhere
ROLE LEVEL EXPECTATIONS:
At Culturs, we strive for excellence rather than perfection. Community is our number one asset.
- Individual contributor: Completes tasks provided in an efficient, effective manner with attention to detail.
- Manager: Ability to motivate self and others, oversees individual contributors and self-directs their work and that of contributors in the department level.
- Director: Oversees and motivates department and managers, creates strategy, leads teams. Brings forth knowledge and skill to assist others and excel in their areas. Works to decipher company directives and translate goals and expectations into solid deliverables.
- Executive: Provides vision in areas of expertise and aids in departmental motivation, moves company and brand forward internally and externally. Focus on company growth.
Ideally you have:
Is This You?
- 5-7 years of professional experience
- Are part of the cross-cultural community
- A strong technical aptitude with a knowledge of technologies and processes involved with WordPress, SEO, visual strategy, User experience (or a willingness to learn)
- Experience visual content for email marketing experience and a strong technical aptitude with a knowledge of technologies and processes involved marketing automation platforms and online stores
- Basic data analysis experience and a curiosity to learn more
- Strong attention to detail
- Strong graphic design, photography and videography skills
- Strong visual storytelling and story development skill
- Working knowledge of Adobe Suite, WordPress, social media
- Strong problem solving and critical-thinking capability
- Ability to execute a project from start to finish independently, without being told what to do next
- Ability to focus on and achieve the goal of building our community, creating impact, and increasing deliverables (traffic, user experience)
- Ability to adapt and be agile as needed in a fast-paced, growing environment
- A curious, resourceful, and solution-oriented mindset
- Have a passion for our cross-cultural, in-between community and have a global mindset
- You’re devoted to our audience, what we do, and committed to keen awareness of our processes and offerings
- Love collaborating with a team that works closely together toward specific goals
- You have direct demonstrable experience with design and digital
- Are deadline driven, plan ahead, and are spontaneous but strategic
- Can consider others along with your needs: What is on their plate, how your energy affects the team, can pitch in as needed, self-aware and considerate of others’ time, energy and duties
- Digital email marketing funnels and CRM systems
- Willing to work with numbers and deliver solid data analysis
- Adobe Suite, 17 hats, Co Schedule, Publer knowledge (or willingness to learn and continually upgrade your skills) a plus
- You thrive with big picture strategy thinking and also love rolling around in the details that create a plan to achieve goals and objectives.
- You have a firm grasp of strategic planning, content calendars, and communication to your team so they can help you achieve goals with few “hair on fire” last minute asks
DOES THIS EXCITE YOU?
- You’ve worked with other team members to acquire the content you need, review their design work, ensure it’s on brand, make sure it reaches our goals and provide them with feedback as needed
- You’re an effective, clear communicator in all formats
- You deliver, on-time, completed work without others having to ask repeatedly or finish the task for you — and you’re aware of what completed work that achieves goals looks like
- You’re practically always on time (or early) and strive to deliver ahead of deadlines
- You have excellent project management skills and are able to juggle multiple projects while communicating honestly about your timelines, challenges, and questions
- You courageously and respectfully ask for what you need to do your job, while pitching in for team outcomes and understanding not every ask will receive agreement
- You do great work autonomously and as part of a highly collaborative team
- You do whatever it takes and the phrase “That’s not my job” is not a part of your vocabulary
- You’re a born GO GETTER — always looking for ways to add value, do better work, improve efficiencies, build others up, and make the world a better place
- You’re not afraid to bring new ideas to the table, even if they’re different from what’s been done before, and you speak up when you notice opportunities for improvement
- You believe everything can be achieved, and you’re confident in your ability to find solutions when you hit obstacles
- You’re comfortable and even thrive in fast-paced environments where you learn something new almost every day
- Your experience includes working for a successful company or leader in the online world (not mandatory, but a plus)
As a part of our team, you’ll wear many hats and have the opportunity to help grow and shape the future of our company and develop an important, thriving global audience. The only limit is your drive, commitment and imagination.
Sound ah-mazing? More details below – Application at the end of page.
WHO ARE WE?
Culturs is a culturally conscious lifestyle network founded by award-winning media, marketing and multicultural focused speaker, and cultural-fluidity expert Doni Aldine. For Culturs, Aldine speaks and works globally with teams like the U.S. Foreign Service in Japan, Public Relations Society of America, NBC/Universal, Turner, Warner Bros. Home Entertainment, XOTV and more. For over a decade, she served on faculty with Culturs partner, Colorado State University, teaching the Third Culture Kid-focused course “media and global culture identity” in CSU’s department of Journalism and Media Communication.
Culturs’ mission is to use media, products and experiences to enhance community and foster human connection for those “in-between:” multicultural, multiethnic, mixed-race or geographically mobile like immigrants, refugees and Third Culture Kids. We celebrate cross-cultural identity, because everyone should feel like they matter.
We do this through our award-winning media, products and experiences including Culturs print magazine, a digital magazine, e-newsletter, Cultursmag.com, CultursTV; award-winning globally minded products including our life planner system, all natural global bath and body, Culturally focused dinner party kits and multicultural greeting cards; as well as, international gatherings, courses and speaking engagements provided at the University level and to major organizations worldwide. Our platforms reach millions of people in thousands of brick-and-mortar stores and more than two hundred countries and territories.
We hire people who are motivated by our mission and passionate about creating positive change. Our team is remotely distributed on multiple continents in many countries and we care more about your work-ethic and attitude than your location.
YOU + US:
- Full autonomy over where you work, what you wear, and which pet sits at your feet
- Company closure paid time off at certain times of year
- Unlimited PTO with the expectation that there’s a plan for deliverables while you are out
- Potential for international travel engagements
- Potential assignment to work with or at some of the world’s most prominent festivals, sporting events, engagements and award shows
- Potential for company profit sharing
- A family of colleagues who will make you laugh and support you every step of the way
- Philanthropic and community focus
Culturs, dba Simply Alive LLC, is an equal opportunity employer. We firmly believe that our work is at its best when everyone feels free to be themselves.
-Work with Editor in Chief on upcoming content ideas, planning and execution
-In charge of digital visual content in all forms: photography, video, social for web, social and company-driven content areas (rather than editorial content areas)
-Oversee web distribution of press releases ensure they’re distributed in targeted outlets on our PR Newswire contract each month, as well as featured on our site.
-Ensure we are translating print and web and working with Editorial and Art to repurpose content from/to podcast, video, social media, online, digital, “stories,” and newsletter and promoted through all Culturs outlets
-Weekly review of data analytics and regular strategizing to grow and nurture audience and audience engagement
-Work with editorial to edit CultursTV offerings on the web and ensuring best practices are used for optimal reach, growth and community engagement
-Focus on growing our written content communities through digital marketing of our varied content
-Oversight of creation and marketing of new Culturs written strategies as you see fit
-Firm knowledge of the Culturs brand, offerings, processes and upholding them
CLICK HERE TO CHECK OUT CULTURS DIGITAL PUBLICATIONS
READY TO BEGIN?