We visited Colombia to bring you the sights, sounds and flavor of the local culture. With Culturs Celebrations, we created a Dinner Party Kit for 10 to make it easy for you to join the party and invite your friends and family. Get festive with us!
BLACK TOPSIDE BEEF
1 Topside beef without fat (1 kilo approx.)
5 cloves garlic, chopped or 3 tablespoons garlic paste
1 white onions finely chopped
1 carrot finely chopped
1 bell pepper finely chopped
2 tablespoons soy sauce
100 gr tablespoons grated panela 1/2 cup red wine, dark beer or Coca-Cola
1 tablespoon of salt
1/2 teaspoon pepper 100 milliliters oil
3 cups beef broth
2 tablespoons plain flour
- Prepare a mixture of garlic, onion, soy sauce, panela, wine, carrot, bell pepper, salt and pepper.
- In a bowl, put the meat and add the mixture to marinate for at least 8 hours. Leave in the fridge.
- In a large pot, heat oil and add the meat and seal it until a crust is formed.
- Sauté the vegetables and add the sealed meat and cover with the wine and water or beef broth, cook for about 3 hours.
- Remove the meat on a plate and set aside for a few minutes.
- Dissolve 2 tablespoons of flour in cold water.
- In another pot, add another cup of broth and the dissolved flour.
- Mix well and simmer until it gets thick with the cooking liquid.
- Cut the meat into slices and serve with the sauce.