Dance is the best all-around exercise for people of all ages in the world. Besides being fun, dancing can benefit you in so many ways: physiologically, psychologically, and spiritually. The following are 5 reasons why we say dance is the best exercise in the world.
1. Dance can improve people’s flexibility. Flexibility is an important part of being healthy. Increasing the flexibility not only can reduce people’s stiffness, but also can help ease post-exercise soreness. Most dancer classes begin with a warm-up including several stretching exercises to help dancers improve their flexibility. In addition, most forms of dance require dancers to perform moves that require bending and stretching, which can help dancers naturally become more flexible.
2. Dance is also a great way to reduce stress and diminish depression. Many studies found that partner dance and musical accompaniment can help bring about stress relief and diminish depression. On the one hand, dance can help you “blow off stream”, and lift your spirit like many sports do. On the other hand, dance has meditative effects. When you dance, you are focusing on one thing. Then, you’ll able to relax and forget the sad things.
3. Dance can help people get and stay in shape. The vast majority of dancers have a good shape, because regular dance builds lean muscle, and muscle burns calories even when they aren’t active. Besides, dance raises the heart rate and promote metabolism, which also helps people get health physique and burn calories.
4. Dance is a social activity, and is a good way to make new friends and branch out socially. Dancing provides many opportunities to meet other people and share interests. Every city has dancing scenes. If you can dance, no matter where you are, you will find a welcoming community of great people to hang out with. Dancers love to meet and dance with new dancers. By using this body language, you can improve your social skills and make lots of new friends.
5. Dancing increases self-confidence and self esteem. Dance is such a popular and cool exercise that can help you express yourself and show your personality. By dancing different styles’ dances you can express different emotions，and it also provides an outlet to show yourself, which can help you build your self-confidence and self esteem.